Twitter Bird Gadget

DANAN, Wendy A.

Music as a therapy

Informative Speech


Specific Purpose: at the end of my delivery, my audience will be informed about how music can be therapy, and beneficial to our health.
Thesis Statement: Music is an essential part of our lives and is important to the development and health of your body.

Introduction:
I. Attention of the Audience: I will play a song with a violin just before my speech starts to serve as my introduction.

• “Music is life”, “Music is everything”, and “music is love”. These are some famous quotes that people frequently use when talking about music. I don’t think there’s a person who is not interested in music or neither had he/she ever been listening to music. If there’s one, I’m sure it’s pathetically a lie.

II. Reveals the topic of the Speech: Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or maintain their health. In some instances, the client's needs are addressed directly through music; in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist.

III. Credibility and goodwill: Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including: psychiatric disorders, medical problems, developmental disabilities, interpersonal problems, and aging. It is also used to: improve learning, build self-esteem, reduce stress, support physical exercise, and facilitate a host of other health-related activities. I’ve been listening, loving and appreciating music since my younger days, I tend to learn how to play musical instruments e.g. violin, viola, little bit cello and guitar. I so love string instruments. It feels like I’m attached to it or something. But it really turns out that our family is “musically inclined” except for my mother though. Regardless I’ve always surrounded myself with music and to go different places to perform as an orchestra.

IV. Internal preview: Today I will deliver about how music can be a healing drug with its physical and emotional benefits. Just like me, I always bring my headset with an mp3 player wherever I go, like in school or when I am in a jeepney. There are even times when the lyrics keep rolling in my head over and over again. Later on, I’ll start singing with then somebody starts copying, thus produces a duet and so on. It just proves that music is really part of our daily routine.

Body:

There are a lot of theories regarding music. Nevertheless, I strongly agree that music has existed since the beginning of the human civilization but it took years for it to be discovered and that music will still be around as long as we are alive. As long as we have our emotions that give us inspiration and courage, the music also changes it emotion. Though there are many different kinds of music, it is only one and the same. The music is one and only though we call them by different names. It is just a part of the whole music.

Music is a universal language because it can help people to communicate and express themselves. It Crosses Cultural Boundaries and link us to the different races around the globe. Music involved different types or (GENRE). This include Classical music, it makes us to remember about the past, the memories and the people who are close to us. Hip-hop, rocks, pop and rap makes us happy so that we tend to rescue our self from sadness and sorrows. RNB, mellow, and love songs make our mood to feel lightly, it feels like your were inspired and loved by someone. There is the so called “k-POP” which is very popular to Teen Listener nowadays. Regardless which music genre you belong, music plays a vital role in the development of Intellectual, psychological, emotional & Spiritual behavior of a human being.

Music has so many physical benefits it should be considered an essential element of life. Is has a strong power that might change or effect your mood, it can reduce stress and stimulate your brain cells. Music is important in our brain cells, music tend to heal, recover and develop our cells to enhance our intellect. Music also referred to as a drug because it has the ability to make a human happy and produce emotion rather than these amusing drugs that can cause beneficiary to our health and lives. We continue to explore, improvise and be creative in terms of music; it makes people calm even if they are not in the mood of polite manner and causes us to become relaxed. Music is also a great way to learn ideas.

CONCLUSION
Finally, Music helps to stimulate the flow of powerful endorphins what lift a mood and create a great feeling of well being and a great form of meditation. This is why music is a great form of therapy.

0 comments:



Post a Comment